ICB Office Administration Courses
The ICB Office Administration courses are perfect for people who want to learn a wide variety of skills and become an all-rounder in the office environment. You will study 12 subjects throughout the three courses that the ICB has to offer. Each course builds on the knowledge and skills of the course before it.
The Available Courses
The ICB offers three different Office Administration courses. The first of the three courses is the 12-month long ICB National Certificate: Office Administration course. This is followed by the 9-month ICB Higher Certificate: Office Administration course. The final course in this study program is the 9-month ICB Diploma: Office Administration Course.
You will be guided through 12 subjects through all three courses. The subjects work as follows.
ICB National Certificate: Office Administration consists of 6 subjects. These are:
- Business and Office Administration 1 (BOA1)
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance (BKTB)
- Business Literacy (BUSL)
- Marketing Management and Public Relations (MMPR)
- Business Law and Administrative Practice (BLAP)
- Cost and Management Accounting (CMGT)
The ICB Higher Certificate: Office Administration Course will explore these subjects even further while adding three more subjects namely:
- Business and Office Administration 2 (BOA2)
- Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (HRLR)
- Economics (ECON)
In the ICB Diploma: Office Administration Course you will study all nine of the subjects from the previous two courses and you will also study three new subjects namely:
- Business and Office Administration 3 (BOA3)
- Financial Statements (FNST)
- Management (MGMT)
These subjects will teach you the wide variety of skills that you will need to be an effective Office Manager.
The Skills of an Office Manager
As mentioned, Office Administrators need to have a wide range of skills and knowledge. You will need skills such as:
- communication skills
- interpersonal skills
- organizational abilities and skills
- leadership skills
- Knowledge of office management procedures
- understanding basic accounting principles
- high level of skill in the different software programs like MS Office suite.
- being detail oriented
- being able to anticipate the needs of their superiors and colleagues
- excellent time management skills
- being flexible
The combination of all of these skills will help to make you a an effective Office Administrator.
To study the ICB National Certificate: Office Administration course you will need to have finished Grade 12 (Std 10) or equivalent and you must be at least 16 years of age. However, You will not need any previous knowledge of Accounting. Once you have completed the ICB National Certificate: Office Administration course you will be able to do the ICB Higher Certificate: Office Administration course. Finally, once you have completed both of these courses you will finally be able to study the ICB Diploma: Office Administration course.
If you are interested in studying to become an Office Administrator you can call Skills Academy toll-free on 0800 39 00 27. Our qualified course consultants will help you to register for any course you want to study. Call now and start your future today
Last Updated: April 12, 2019